Congratulations! Taking ownership of your student's education is one of the most important life decisions that you will ever make for your family. We believe that parents are the first and most important educators of their children and our sole purpose is to support those who exercise their right and responsibility to make educational decisions for their children.
We understand that taking an active role in your student's education is not easy and it takes time and dedication. We also recognize that you want the very best for your children and that is what drives you.
We know that your journey will have its share of ups and downs throughout the school year and we are here to help you. Your student's teacher is your main point of contact once school starts and at a minimum this is what you can expect from your teacher.
Here are a few things to consider as you embark on this important journey:
- Children are natural learners and you don’t need to know everything in order to give them a great education.
- Don't compare yourself to others. Your family is unique and what works for others may not be right for you.
- Schooling at home requires flexibility and setting reasonable expectations, so don't be too hard on yourself.
- As a parent and teacher, you can't do it all. Consider facilitating learning and be there to help them when they need it.
- Unlike classroom teachers, you will never become a subject or curriculum expert and that is okay.