- This website contains a wealth of information about CVA and there are links to Help Center on each of our websites.
- Your teacher is the first point of contact for support during the school year, but if you need additional assistance or have technical support questions, please submit a support request using this link or use the "Submit a Request" button on the CVA Help Center menu.
MyCVA.org is the family portal and resource center where parents:
- complete registrations;
- view school calendars;
- browse the course catalog;
- review learning plans;
- view instructional resources;
- view progress reviews; and
- access other CVA resources.
CVA Buzz is the student learning portal where students:
- gain access to online classes (grades 6-12);
- submit work samples for text-based courses (grades K-8);
- view performance in each course; and
- read school, teacher and class announcements.
iReady is a K–12 adaptive diagnostic tool for reading and mathematics that pinpoints student needs down to the sub-skill level, and ongoing progress monitoring shows whether students are on track to achieve end-of-year targets.
Office 365 is a collection of services that allows students to collaborate and share schoolwork. The service includes Outlook, Skype, Office Online (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote), unlimited OneDrive storage, Yammer, and SharePoint sites. Students can install the full Office applications on up to 5 PCs or Macs for free. See this support article for more information.
Learning A-Z is a suite of literacy-focused K-6 resources for instruction and practice. Please contact your teacher for access to the following resources:
Navigating CVA websites is very easy once you understand a few key principles:
- Parent accounts only have access to the family portal. Student accounts must be used for CVA Buzz, iReady, and Office 365.
- We use Microsoft's Single Sign-On (SSO) service for all CVA websites except Learning A-Z. This means a student can log into one CVA website and have immediate access to other CVA websites while using the same web browser.
- When computers are shared with other family members:
- Parents must sign out of personal or work Office 365 accounts before students can sign in to access CVA websites with their accounts.
- Parents and students must sign out of CVA accounts before students can sign into CVA websites with their accounts.
- Additional options.
- The middle of July is when we begin shipping book and paper curriculum to students with completed registrations. If you wish to check the status of your student’s curriculum shipment, instructions for doing so can be found here.
- Online courses will be available to registered students on their first day of school.
- Your teacher will help you determine whether or not any supplemental materials should be used.